Add Web AppBuilder Classic Tab Theme to Starting Templates

03-13-2023 11:14 AM
Labels (3)
TomDuncanGIS
New Contributor III

I find the implementation of widgets in the Sidebar Instant App to be to be a superior way to display any tool widget rather than the traditional window on top of the map that usually needs to be moved, resized and does not show enough information.  This is why the Tab Theme is my favorite Web AppBuilder Template.  In Experience Builder I use the sidebar widget, add the section widget in the left sidebar window, and load all of my action widgets into views within the section, including the Feature Info widget. I then link a button to each view to open the widgets, rather than the views navigation widget because I can make the buttons look nicer. The functionality if very much like the Sidebar instant app and the Web AppBuilder Tab Theme, and is very intuitive.  What I have developed took many hours and is a bit of a hack.   I think it would be very useful and more time efficient to many people to add the Web AppBuilder Tab Theme as one of the WebAppBuilder Classic starting templates.

2 Comments
paleo99

I totally agree it would make sense for ESRI to have the available templates from web app builder available, then build on that.  Seems to not make sense to just jump into something new with not the equivalent functionality and then tell the users their software--Web App builder that is--is going obsolete the next year.

acarmody

Thank you, I completely agree. 

We are running out of time to migrate our Tab themed WAB items to Experience Builder before WAB is retired.

None of the templates currently available in Experience Builder (WAB Classic or otherwise) are remotely close in functionality to the Tab theme.

While other WAB Classic templates have been migrated over, it is dismaying that the Tab theme was not included (see pics below). 

Is there a timeframe for WAB Tab theme to be made available in Experience Builder?

acarmody_1-1712289486426.png

acarmody_0-1712289474131.png

Thank you.