Select to view content in your preferred language

Add Split/Merge/Circle/Copy in Edit Widget

02-23-2022 10:46 AM
Labels (1)
Marokapara
Occasional Contributor

Hi there,

We'd really like to see some of the Smart Editor widget and Edit widget from WebApp Builder brought into Experience Builder. We're working with farmers to enable them to map their current farm layouts and then plan what it could look like over the next 30 years.

It's cumbersome to have to redraw/adjust the layout multiple times. If we could get them to copy what's already been made and then split or merge polygons from there, that would save a lot of time for them and make our product more appealing to use, especially for these users who are not GIS people. These features are usable in WAB, but they don't have the conditional visibility at the level we need that ExB has.

In addition, the ability to draw a circle out right via the Edit Widget in ExB would be a game changer for them as their are lots of pivots on farms!

This takes 8 clicks in ExB to draw, and it still isn't exactly what we want.

Marokapara_0-1645641254846.png

In WAB's Edit widget, this takes only 1 click and it's perfect (geometry wise)! Attribute conditional visibility is missing though.

Please consider adding in these improvements. It would definitely up the usability of the Edit widget in Experience Builder! If we could hide feature to feature and geometry guides from the user, but have it turned on from the back end, that would be great too.

24 Comments
MichaelTorbett

@AlixVezina  I agree with @Pål_Herman_Sund . We need this tool available to mobile worker users as well. The majority of our users who need this functionality have this role. Either that or add this functionality to the edit widget in Experience Builder.

Thanks,

Michael

GerberMatthew

Thanks AlixVezina good to know,  I am a bit annoyed though...  "ArcGIS Web Editor" would not of been an overnight thing to develop, and no one related to our ESRI account mentioned anything about it when we were specifically saying we need a replacement for the deprecated WAB and editing functions it had available across edit and smart editor widgets going forward.

Only solution they came up with was us to pay for custom created widget in Experience builder.

On a positive, based on what @Pål_Herman_Sund  mentioned, sounds like our custom widget is going to be more cost effective, seeing as "ArcGIS Web Editor" is locked to needing "Creator" license level.

Laura
by MVP Regular Contributor

I agree with the above. I need this for users who don't use Pro. So the main reason I wanted this still hasn't been resolved. I am not handing out Creator licenses. 

AlixVezina

Hi everyone, functionality parity with WAB is still a priority for the Experience Builder team. 

Functionality like split and merge were available in WAB and will also make their way into Experience Builder in a future release.