Select to view content in your preferred language

Add Public Notification Widget to Experience Builder

09-11-2023 12:06 PM
Labels (2)
NickTonias
Emerging Contributor

It would be nice to have the Public Notification Widget appear as a widget in Experience Builder like it used to Web App Builder.

8 Comments
AnatoliHailemariam

that would be great

AmandaMallory

This would be a great addition to Experience Builder and it is the one thing preventing us from switching over from Web AppBuilder at this time. The Planning staff do all their property screening and notification mailouts from one application now and it would be a pain to have to use two applications (Experience Builder and Public Notification Instant App) to do this process. 

NedCake1

The Query widget can be configured to do a buffer search/selection and export a csv of selected parcel records.

Check out this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C9DNPupK2k

Hope that helps

Ned

AnatoliHailemariam

is that export to avery label format? 

EazyEC
by

Is the Public Notification Widget going to be added to Experience Builder? If not, is there an alternative? I just discovered that WAB will be retired soon and the unavailable PN widget is an issue for migration to Experience Builder. Thanks.

JeffreyThompson2

Web AppBuilder widget Migration path

Cost Analysis

Configure forms in Map Viewer to add calculated expressions to a form.

Data Aggregation

Append data to a feature layer.

Distance and Direction

Custom development is necessary.

District Lookup

Use the ArcGIS Instant Apps Zone Lookup template.

Emergency Response Guide

Grid Overlay

Gridded Reference Graphic

Parcel Drafter

This capability is planned for a future focused editing web product.

Public Notification

Use the ArcGIS Instant Apps Public Notification template.

Related Table Charts

Create charts in pop-ups using Arcade expressions.

Reviewer Dashboard

This widget and capability are deprecated.

Stream

Threat Analysis

3DFx

Use the Scene Viewer 3D rendering capability.

The Public Notification Widget is on the list of widget with no planned migration to Experience Builder.

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/web-appbuilder/latest/create-apps/wab-exb-widget-functionality-matrix.htm

ESRI recommends using the Public Notification Instant App. It is also possible to hack a public notification function out of the Near Me or Query widgets in Experience Builder.

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-experience-builder-questions/using-near-me-widget-with-list-to-...

EazyEC
by

Thanks for the great info, Jeff.

No planned migration of that widget to Experience Builder makes no sense to me, but what do I know? Thanks again.

JCGuarneri

I agree, having it in Experience Builder vs the Instant Apps would be highly beneficial. The instant apps are good for some things, but they are frustrating to work with in the all-too-common situation where it meets almost all, but not quite all, of our needs for a particular application. It's even more frustrating when one particular functionality is available only in an Instant App and not Experience Builder. So instead of having the option to drop in the functionality in one app, we're forced to build two apps.