Add a ruler to design view in Experience builder

02-03-2021 01:41 PM
Kara_Shindle
Occasional Contributor III

I often find myself guessing where I have menu widget edges appearing on different pages of my experience.  When I want an experience to flow, I sometimes want continuity throughout my pages, like having the same menu appear in the same place on every page.  

It would be nice if I had the option of adding a guide or ruler to the design so I can see where my widget boundaries are.

The widgets don't snap to each others boundaries like I think they should, so having a guide where I could set marks (just like on the layout page in ArcMap / Pro), something like this for Experience Builder would be ideal.  Honestly, isn't a layout view exactly what we're creating?

2 Comments
by Anonymous User

Hey Kara,

I like that idea. Right now I'm able to maintain the position of elements by setting the Style > Position. You've probably discovered this already, I just wanted to comment in case someone else wasn't aware. I generally hard code either the X or the Y and leave the other dynamic for page size changes. Of course, a snapping > grid would be easier than manually setting each element.

XBposition.png

Kara_Shindle

Kevin:

I've played with that, but it's not intuitive to me just yet, so I've not mastered that without getting frustrated.  I'm working on it.  Part of my issue is that I then have to write that position down, or go back to the widget I want to duplicate on another page and make note of it, instead of making it a global setting kind of thing...