Ability to filter more widgets based on Time/Timeline

08-09-2022 04:34 PM
Labels (2)
Michael_Dykes
New Contributor II

The Timeline widget in Experience Builder can filter the features on the map widget (if they are time enabled). It would be nice to to also have the ability to filter other widgets, like the Table or List widgets, in the same way so that the information displayed in these widgets corresponds to what is being shown on the map, and update when the map does.

2 Comments
LiamHarrington-Missin

I have the same request.  

The time widget is a great addition but it only applies to time applied layers (as far as I can see).  I have a series of tables within a hosted feature service that the time slider widget can't see because you can't make tables "time aware".  

My use case is that I want to create an experience that hosts a whole host of data.  I want a user to select a time period (e.g. a day during an incident) and ALL the data in the experience can be filtered.  In effect allowing you to flip day by day through a project or incident.

Is this in the pipeline @Jianxia and team? 

TonghuiMing

Hi @Michael_Dykes and @LiamHarrington-Missin,

The Timeline widget does filter layers and is supposed to affect all widgets using the same data, and the List widget is expected to change with the time periods.

However, for the Table widget, there is a current known bug that has caused it not to respond well. We are currently working with the corresponding team on the fix. Hopefully, it will be solved soon enough. Thanks for bringing it up and keep tuned for any updates.

Tonghui