Functionality Matrix for Web AppBuilder and Experience Builder

11-03-2021 12:54 PM

Functionality Matrix for Web AppBuilder and Experience Builder

Get a glance of widget migration status in ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Enterprise. For detailed information about which widgets are being migrated and when they will be made available in ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Enterprise, and the developer edition, check out this newly added Web AppBuilder and Experience Builder functionality matrix topic on Web AppBuilder documentation site. Hopefully information provided helps you make decisions about your migration strategy. This article will be updated at each release. Please come back and check it out periodically.

A glance of widget migration status in ArcGIS Online (The last update is on March 1, 2024):

Jianxia_1-1709324913678.png

A glance of widgets migration status in versions of ArcGIS Enterprise (The last update is on June 5, 2024):

Jianxia_0-1717607581336.png

Comments
DanCopKac
New Contributor III

@LaurenWinkler Awesome, love to see community shared solutions being useful to others! After all, what is a community if not to come together, solve problems, and, imagine this, laugh at ourselves (maybe some more than others) every once in a while? A bit of comedy always brightens our otherwise dull and grey ExB developer days. 😊

I aim to please; I'll be here all week! 

QuantitativeFuturist
Occasional Contributor

We're looking at dropping ExB altogether as we have the same experience(!) as everyone else, widget migration is a joke, buggy, slow performance, terrible customer support. We're also looking at dropping our Enterprise environment too for many of the same reasons, but the cost of esri licencing is also ridiculous and we're sick of the cost vs quality. I think the tide is turning on esri and they will lose their monopoly (except in government), QGIS & PostGIS is where most people are heading.

YorkaCrespo2
New Contributor

@Jianxia - I'm looking for the 'About' widget in Experience Builder.  I'm working in version 10.9, the matrix says it was available in 10.8.1.  I've checked all categories. Is this not available yet?  thanks!

AbiDhakal
Occasional Contributor III

@Jianxia - With all the great things that you are doing please also include trace and copy in the Edit Widget for EB. That would make the Edit Widget so excellent.

Thank you,
Abi

AbiDhakal

@Jianxia @Shen_Zhang - We have a custom append Geoprocessing tool in WAB that allows our users to append shape file from their local machine, however upon testing the Analysis tool in EB there did not seem to be a way to browse to your local machine to append a shape file. Please, if you can, we must have that capability. We will appreciate you.

Thank you,
Abi

AKRRMapGuy
New Contributor III

@AbiDhakal You could publish a new Geoprocessing tool that has the shapefile as a parameter and it will prompt the user at runtime to choose a file.

AbiDhakal

@AKRRMapGuy - Thank you, I got it. My old tool that is running in WAB did not work in spite of the parameter so I had to make a new one and it did.

Thank you,
Abi

ConnorDuffy
New Contributor

When do you plan on brining the District Look up tool over to experience builder? I work at a school district and rely heavily on this widget for my school districts parents and staff to place students in web app builder.

DavidL
by
New Contributor II

@ConnorDuffy"District Lookup" widget functionnalities have been intergrated in the "Near Me" widget a while ago. Have a look to it!

Version history
Last update:
‎06-05-2024 10:13 AM
Updated by: