Error connecting WMTS in Excalibur

Jump to solution
03-09-2021 01:26 PM
DianaCarolinaFonseca
New Contributor II

Hi all,

I am trying to connect to a Maxar WMTS, that needs user and password to connect.  However, I get an error while I tried to connect to Canvas. Does Esxcalibur only work with WMTS open (no needed user and password)?

The Excalibur version Im working with is 2.1.0

DianaCarolinaFonseca_0-1615324811686.png

Thanks in advance for your comments,

DianaF

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MatthewCalamito
Esri Contributor

Hi Diana,

Thank you for reaching out and providing us information. Currently, ArcGIS Excalibur supports non-secure WMS/WMTS layers from external sources so the behavior you are seeing is expected. We are investigating the support for secure WMS/WMTS layers in future releases. 

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thank you Diana.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Are you able to connect to the WMTS Server via any other application like ArcGIS Pro/ArcMap?

Just check if the following structure works for you.

https://securewatch.maxar.com/earthservice/wmtsaccess?SERVICE=WMTS&REQUEST=GetCapabilities&VERSION=1.0.0&connectid=<ConnectID>

The GetCapabilities URL - Maxar 

Think Location
0 Kudos
DianaCarolinaFonseca
New Contributor II

Hi Jayanta! 

Thanks for your quick response 🙂

Yes, I was able to connect the service using ArcGIS Pro without troubles. 

I have tryied it using the structure you mentioned, but still the same 😞 

Also, I have tried with a couple of WMTS that don't require user and password and they load perfect on Excalibur. Could it be that? the user and password needed to load the service? Maybe it is related with the structure but including the authentication credentials?

I have tryied the following structure including user and pass, unfortunatelly it didnt work 

https://securewatch.digitalglobe.com/earthservice/wmtsaccess?SERVICE=WMTS&REQUEST=GetCapabilities&Ve...<>

0 Kudos
MattCalamito
New Contributor

Hi Diana,

Thank you for reaching out and providing us information. Currently, ArcGIS Excalibur supports non-secure WMS/WMTS layers from external sources so the behavior you are seeing is expected. We are investigating the support for secure WMS/WMTS layers in future releases. 

Thank you Diana.

0 Kudos
DianaCarolinaFonseca
New Contributor II

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your response. I have tested with a WMTS Planet service; the URL contains the API Key and  connected without any troubles 🙂

Regards,

DianaF

0 Kudos
MatthewCalamito
Esri Contributor

Hi Diana,

Thank you Diana.

0 Kudos