Select to view content in your preferred language

Webgisdr does not package backup

11-04-2021 08:28 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

My webgisdr backup has been running like clockwork for months  and now starting yesterday the process runs and creates the backup but fails to package the backup.  It then deletes the tempbackup file leaving me with nothing.  This all is on the local server drives. 

I used to get this in the logs but it is now missing and just skips that step.

2021-11-01 19:00:42 INFO [main] com.esri.arcgis.webgis.util.WebGISUtil - The backup file has been packaged successfully in 00hr:03min:13sec.

Any thoughts?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
21 Replies
LeonS
by
Occasional Contributor III

Not yet. Oddly enough it did work a couple of times.  I was hopeful, because it actually ran successfully a couple of times over the holidays,  but then it went back to not working.  Maybe because there was no activity on the servers during that time?

I am looking at upgrading to 10.9.1.  Are you still having the issue after upgrading?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @LeonS - I'm helping @Anonymous User with this and am curious about your experience too. Have you logged a case with Esri Support that I can review? You can email me at smmacdonald@esri.com - I'd be happy to help.

Scott

LeonS
by

Hi Scott,

Just sent you an email about opening a case on this issue.  Thank you for reaching out.

Leon

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mine works probably half the time when scheduled.  Still unknown as to why.

Still unknown as to if the upgrade will help as we are yet to upgrade our production environment to 10.9.1. 

Delays happen.  Hopefully soon.

0 Kudos
LeonS
by

I upgraded to 10.9.1 last week.  My script has worked on 2 different evenings that I tested since the upgrade.  This Saturday will be my first try on its regularly scheduled time.  

Leon

LeonS
by

@Anonymous User 

It ran again successfully on Saturday.  That makes 3 consecutive times it ran as a scheduled task, which had never happened before.  I'm going to continue to monitor it, but I am optimistic that the upgrade has resolved the issue.

Leon

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Leon I am not sure if you are having issues still but I am after the upgrade to 10.9.1.

Still failing to package backup before it deletes the temp files when using task scheduler. 

0 Kudos
LeonS
by

Oh no!   Sorry, to hear the upgrade didn't help.  I have not had the issue again, since the upgrade to 10.9.1

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

That is great news.  I have my testing environment upgraded and production is scheduled in 2 weeks. ESRI is also looking at it again as you are probably aware.  Thanks for the update.

0 Kudos
acheung
New Contributor

Do you have a support case open with Esri? I have a case with Esri now but they said they haven't seen this issue yet.

0 Kudos