WebGIS DR utility error "Cannot get the the Web GIS configuration"

08-02-2018 12:46 PM
GirishYadav1
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am trying to create a backup of ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6 and store it on S3. when I run the WebGISDR utility on primary portal machine it throws an error stating "Cannot get the the Web GIS configuration".

I am able to create a backup of each individual component ArcGIS Server, Portal & Datastore separately. But with webgisdr it throws this error. What could be the cause of this error message?

Thanks,

Girish

Capital One

0 Kudos
6 Replies
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

Did you update the webgisdr.properties file? Configure disaster recovery for ArcGIS Enterprise—Portal for ArcGIS (10.6) | ArcGIS Enterprise 

I put my .config file in the same location as the export file. I got the same error till I move it to the folder specified in the file.

--- George T.
0 Kudos
GirishYadav1
New Contributor III

Thanks for the reply George Thompson

Yes, I updated the webgisdr.properties file according to the documentation.

Which ".config" file you are mentioning? I want to export the backup to AWS S3 bucket. Can you please elaborate on your solution?

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

The wegisdr.properties file is the "config" file, sorry for any confusion.

I would start by making the export file a local drive first and run it. This would make sure that everything is working properly. Then after a successful export, I would make the changes to your S3 location.

Here is a screenshot of my local export location:

--- George T.
0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

Can you validate the federated servers? It's likely that one of them can't be validated, which means the DR tool can't reach it to check some settings/configurations.

0 Kudos
GirishYadav1
New Contributor III

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for the reply, the issue has been resolved. updates in the security group fixed it. However, I am now facing another issue with webgisdr in us-west-2 region. I have updates the details in this post webgisdr not creating backups in us-west-2 region  please let me know if I am missing something.

Thanks,

Girish

CapitalOne

0 Kudos
QaiserHassan_Mohammad
New Contributor II

Hi Girish,

Could you please explain what you mean by "updates in the security group"? I am stuck at the same error.

Regards,

Qaiser