WebDR Backup Failure

08-28-2019 08:57 AM
WilliamOrr
New Contributor II

I am receiving the following error when attempting to make a 1st full back up of a new portal:

"Failed to back up the Portal for ArcGIS:
Url: <snip>.
{"error":{"code":500,"details":null,"message":"Failed to export site. Export of the Portal repository failed. \\\\<snip>\\SiteConfig\\Portal\\arcgisportal\\content\\items\\499b99ace8a74a15bd0e29a591ac016a is not the sub directory of the directory //<snip>/SiteConfig/Portal/arcgisportal/content"}}"

The above content item does exist.

Thanks in advance.

5 Replies
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

First, the error you're seeing is a bug:

BUG-000116405 : Portal for ArcGIS export site operation fails if the content directory path syntax utilizes forward slashes instead of back slashes

Update the content directory to use backslashes instead of forward slashes. Be sure to escape each backslash, ex:

C:\arcgisportal\content would be C:\\arcgisportal\\content

Next, if that item doesn't exist, you'll need to create the folder manually.

WilliamOrr
New Contributor II

Johnathan

Thank you for the quick response.

Changing the content folder to a local drive fixed that problem. Unfortunately the DR tool then reports the following: 

The configuration and base backup time in the current Web GIS
-------------------------------------------------------------
Portal: <snip> at 30/08/19 15:20
|
|-- Hosting Server: <snip> at 30/08/19 15:20
| |
| |-- Relational Data Store: <snip>
|
|-- Federated Server: <snip> at 30/08/19 15:20

Starting the backup process with the WebGIS DR utility.
<snip>
The following ArcGIS Server has been backed up successfully: <snip>
The following ArcGIS Server has been backed up successfully: <snip>
Failed to back up the ArcGIS Data Store:
Url: <snip>
sleep interrupted

Cannot access the file D:\TempBackup\Portal\WebGISSite1567175445139\server\xy2huaz6eyuhbayp\30-August-2019-15-31-02-BST.agssite.

Exiting the WebGIS DR utility.

The above named file does not exist. Service accounts & backup user both have write access to destination folder.

0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

Sorry, what i meant was that the content directory in Portal should be modified to switch all forwrad slashes to double back slashes:

//<snip>/SiteConfig/Portal/arcgisportal/content should be changed to \\\\<snip>\\SiteConfig\\Portal\\arcgisportal\\content within Portaladmin:

Changing the portal content directory—Portal for ArcGIS (10.7 and 10.7.1) | ArcGIS Enterprise 

JosephBuckles1
New Contributor

I am having the same error.  Everything has been backing up just fine since August. But now today nothing will back up. I've also checked and I have the correct // in PortalAdmin.  I've checked permissions... everything seems fine.  Any other ideas on where I should investigate why this suddenly stopped working?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Todd_Payne
New Contributor II

We are also experiencing the sleep interrupted error from the datastore.  The regularly scheduled datastore backups are completing successfully, but not working with the WebGISdr tool.

0 Kudos