Select to view content in your preferred language

Web Map Access and Editing and Visualization Permissions for a Hosted feature layer

01-08-2024 11:13 PM
Kristofer
New Contributor III

Hi Team,

I have created a web map that incorporates a hosted feature layer, and I aim to manage editing and visualization based on users.

For Example, the hosted feature layer contains global data. After incorporating this layer into a web map, I've shared it with five users situated in various continents (belongs to different continents). My objective is to ensure that a user from Europe, for instance, is restricted to viewing and editing only the data related to Europe in that web map. Importantly, I prefer not to generate a new hosted feature layer for this purpose.

Note: I have only one web map to share with all users.

Thanks & Regards,

Kristofer

0 Kudos
2 Replies
sitdigital
New Contributor II
Hi
This problem is related database >> datasets coordinate system chosen and their extent.

You may need to re create datasets in your database and then re publish.

Best Regards

SIT Digital
0 Kudos
MichaelJenkins
Occasional Contributor III

Have you considered using Hosted feature layer views for each of them?  You would still only have one hosted feature layer, but you could add the views to the web map instead of the source feature layer and then control access via sharing.  Create hosted feature layer views—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation

GISP