Select to view content in your preferred language

Web Adaptor - Application Error

10-02-2012 08:38 AM
StevenMenefee1
New Contributor II
We configured the web adaptor on a web server in a dmz.  We have Server 10.1 installed on an a machine internally called Machine B.  However, we created the Site on a box called Machine A (which doesn't have Server 10.1 installed).

When we remote into the web server, which has the web adaptor installed, and try to access the services through the adaptor, we get the following error:

Application Error: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.

We can see the virtual folders on the site (i.e. Utilities, Maps), but we get that error when we click on one of the folders...or on the test service at the root level.

Has anyone had this error or know how to resolve it?  Thank you!
0 Kudos
2 Replies
ZacharyHart
Regular Contributor
We configured the web adaptor on a web server in a dmz.  We have Server 10.1 installed on an a machine internally called Machine B.  However, we created the Site on a box called Machine A (which doesn't have Server 10.1 installed).

When we remote into the web server, which has the web adaptor installed, and try to access the services through the adaptor, we get the following error:

Application Error: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.

We can see the virtual folders on the site (i.e. Utilities, Maps), but we get that error when we click on one of the folders...or on the test service at the root level.

Has anyone had this error or know how to resolve it?  Thank you!

So Machine B is your GIS Server and Machine A is functioning as your Web Server, correct?

How is your GIS Server URL configured? I'm curious if it matters whether or not the administrator account needs to exist on both machines.
0 Kudos
StevenMenefee1
New Contributor II
So Machine B is your GIS Server and Machine A is functioning as your Web Server, correct?

How is your GIS Server URL configured? I'm curious if it matters whether or not the administrator account needs to exist on both machines.

Machine B is our Server 10.1 machine yes.  However, Machine A is not our web server...however it is the machine that has the "config-store" and "directories" folder on it...because we will be installing server 10.1 on it and be adding it to the site eventually (right now it has Server 10.0 on it).  Our web server is on a machine called WebAdaptor that is sitting in the DMZ.  Does that help clarify?
0 Kudos