Web Adaptor 10.2 Install

Jump to solution
08-02-2013 12:02 PM
BerneJackson
New Contributor III
Since there is no forum for Server 10.2 yet, I'll post this here:

I've installed the Web Adaptor 10.2 for IIS on my web server and now I want to install it again for a second access point, as the installation instructions say I can (http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/install-guides/arcgis-server-web-adaptor-iis/10.2/index.html#/In...).  However, when I try to install it a second time, it just brings up the dialog asking me whether I want to modify, repair or uninstall the software.  It won't let me install it a second time.  Web server is running on Windows 2012 R2 Preview.  A bug or is this just Windows causing problems?
0 Kudos
13 Replies
LaureneKoman
Occasional Contributor III
when you run the setup a second time, please confirm that you ran it using setup.exe.  If you run setup.msi, it will take you into the maintenance mode.
0 Kudos
JoeTosoni
New Contributor
Hello - I have been experiencing the issue discussed here on not being able to install a second web adaptor on a windows server 2012r2 VM. I even opened an incident with esri and we could not find anyway to get a second installed using setup.exe or by using the silent method. It always takes me to the Modify, repair, remove window where I can't install or create a new name for an additional one. Any more suggestions or help on this would be appreciated. My incident is still open so we'll see what happens. Thanks. -joe
0 Kudos
AblajanSulaiman
New Contributor
I think setting up the ArcGIS Web Adaptor (Java version) is very straightforward. If it is installed using command line.
0 Kudos
LeoDonahue
Occasional Contributor III
+1 on the ease of the Java Web Adapter.
0 Kudos