Verify machine registration observer: Unable to get machine information from configuration store

12-23-2020 04:32 AM
MHasan
by
New Contributor II

Hello there

I have ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8.1 with base deployment and it was running properly.

Now when I open server manager it tells me to create a new site or join an existing one although I already have a site on this machine.

I have checked the arcgis server account permissions on file system and it has all the required permissions.

Here are the logs : 

1-Verify machine registration observer: Disconnecting from site.

2-Verify machine registration observer: Unable to verify current machine information after retries.

3-Verify machine registration observer: Unable to get machine '****.GIS.****.LOCAL' information from configuration store, retrying.

4-Failed to get the configuration of the server machine '****.GIS.****.LOCAL'. Server machine '****.GIS.****.LOCAL' is not registered with the Site.

I hope you can help me with this issue.

3 Replies
ChristopherPawlyszyn
Esri Contributor

Does the machine in question have multiple DNS aliases or hosts file modifications? If the startup of ArcGIS Server detected a name change and there wasn't a hostname.properties file defined I would expect similar entries in the logs. Just to confirm, is the site information (config-store and directories) on a local volume or a network share?

-- Chris Pawlyszyn
0 Kudos
MHasan
by
New Contributor II

Thank you very much for response.

The machine has one DNS alias and the hosts file is not modified.

The site information (config-store and directories)  is on a local volume.

0 Kudos
ChristopherPawlyszyn
Esri Contributor

Hi @MHasan,

The connection to the site files (config-store and directories) is controlled by the config-store-connection.xml file in the <Server_Install>\framework\etc directory. I assume this file is missing since you were returned to the 'Create New Site' page in Server Manager, the file will automatically be removed if the software loses access to the site files. You can copy the file from a working ArcGIS Server site and update the path with the correct location, then restart the service, but if there are underlying issues with the machine information those would need to be identified first.

Can you identify if the <machine_name>.json file in <config-store>\machines\ reflects the same name in the log entries?

-- Chris Pawlyszyn
0 Kudos