Validate: Failed to Check Layer Extent error in ArcGIS Datastore

10-09-2020 04:05 AM
JaikSingh
New Contributor

Problem Description:

We are using ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7.1 environment to host web application in our production environment. And from 2-3 months we are getting warnings pertaining to layer extent on production arcgis server encountered daily basis and observed in ArcGIS server log on both datastore nodes. Meanwhile we have observed that the ArcGIS datastore items properties is depicting false status on validation. And we were unable to identify the root Couse and any method leading to change this status in datastore properties.

System Environment:

We are using ‘Windows server 2016’ Operating System for all servers. ArcGIS Enterprise components details:

• Portal for ArcGIS 10.7.1 version with 2 nodes HA.
  • ArcGIS Server 10.7.1 version with 2 nodes HA.
  • ArcGIS datastore 10.7.1 version for Active and Standby 2 nodes.

We have published multiple hosted feature services and few map services with their own extent on Portal for ArcGIS. And all services data source is coming through ArcGIS Data Store.

Is anyone facing similar issue and reached out to some resolution ?

Error getting in ArcGIS Server log: (attached)

ArcGIS Data store properties status: (Attached)

7 Replies
BenMillard
New Contributor

I'm on 10.8.1 and having the same issue with a very similar setup to you. When I do a validation on the Data Store from the admin path on server everything comes back as healthy and working except:

"datastore.layer.extent.updated": false

in the returned JSON.

Did you ever figure this out?

0 Kudos
GillPaterson
New Contributor III

Hi Ben,

I am seeing the same issue now with 10.8.1 and I was just wondering if you found anything to fix it. The only thing I can find is to uninstall and re-install which I am not really wanting to do.

0 Kudos
BenMillard
New Contributor
I never found an answer to this. Sorry.
0 Kudos
Olivit
by
New Contributor II

Same issue here with 10.9.1 on Linux RHEL 8.4.

0 Kudos
OlivieroVitale
Esri Contributor

Yes, we get this WARNING with 10.9.1 too.

HeatherBuchanan
New Contributor II

Same here on 10.9.1 with Windows Server 2019.  I have an open ticket with Esri tech support (for over a month now) to figure it out.  Will post an update if we can ever get it resolved.

GillPaterson
New Contributor III

After installing the 10.8.1 log4j patch for datastore I haven't seen it as often. I think I got it once after the DataStore servers were restarted, but it then seemed to be fine after that. So my thinking at the moment is that a restart of either the service or machine will help. I haven't been able to test to say exactly that it will help, but just what I noticed after other actions. And the validation still shows, so also thinking possibly that this might be ok/normal.

"datastore.layer.extent.updated": false

0 Kudos