Select to view content in your preferred language

Upgrading ArcGIS Server step 2 of 2: Failed. Synchronize with site

4 hours ago
Sakib_Meharan_Siddiquei
New Contributor II

Hi all,

Hope you are doing great.

I am trying to upgrade ArcGIS Enterprise from version 10.9.1 to 11.3, on a multi-machine environment on Linux, Ubuntu 20.4.

I have successfully performed the Portal upgrade, and the Portal Web Adaptor.

And I also ran the ArcGIS Server Setup, which was also successful, the problem I am experiencing is in the post-Upgrade phase of ArcGIS Server, with the command ./upgradeserver.sh -s, and this is the error:  Upgrading ArcGIS Server step 2 of 2: Failed. Synchronize with site.

I have checked the permissions on all the folders, and I cannot go and alter the security-config.json file, as it is federated with Portal.

I thought the ArcGIS Server keystore got corrupted, but on the catalina logs I find only this:

WARNING: The web application [arcgis#admin] appears to have started a thread named [GPJobExecutorSingletonExecutorThread] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak. Stack trace of thread:

java.base@17.0.10/jdk.internal.misc.Unsafe.park(Native Method)

java.base@17.0.10/java.util.concurrent.locks.LockSupport.parkNanos(Unknown Source)

java.base@17.0.10/java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer$ConditionObject.awaitNanos(Unknown Source)

java.base@17.0.10/java.util.concurrent.LinkedBlockingQueue.poll(Unknown Source)

com.esri.arcgis.discovery.admin.rediscovery.GPJobExecutorSingleton$ExecutorThread.run(GPJobExecutorSingleton.java:554)

And on the Server logs:

"SEVERE" code="7185" source="Admin" process="778379" thread="1" methodName="" machine="//" user="" elapsed="0.0" requestID="96f03588-26f1-4143-9a05-dae52748442e">Failed to synchronize machine '//' with the site. Cannot invoke "com.esri.arcgis.discovery.admin.services.Service.getProvider()" because "<local11>" is null. You can attempt the synchronization again by using the synchronize Administrative REST API on the server machine resource.

Has anyone by chance ever experienced this problem?

I would be very grateful if you can provide me with a hint to fix this issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Sakib

0 Kudos
0 Replies