Updating ArcGIS Services to Reflect Data Changes

150
1
Jump to solution
10-20-2020 12:14 PM
MatthewDeveney1
New Contributor III

Hello,

I have an ArcGIS Enterprise setup with a federated portal. I have a replica SDE geodatabase that supplies data for web services on my portal (federated).  A script updates the replica overnight from its parent SDE geodatabase. Afterward, updates can successfully be seen in the replica. The issue that I am having is that the services on my portal are not reflecting updates/changes that were made to the data.

I've tried: 1) Overwriting the existing service(s) 2) Restarting the service(s) 3) Restarting the ArcGIS for Server and Portal Services 4) Restarting the server itself and 5) Re-validating all data stores.

Removing and re-publishing the service resolves the issue, but, I would rather not do this every time I make an update. Is there any way to automate this on a large scale for all services?

I've researched this a few times with no luck. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Reply
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MatthewDeveney1
New Contributor III

I was able to solve my issue and thought I should post my findings. Much of this was because of errors on my part. When I thought I was looking at the replica, I was actually looking at the parent GDB (connection file issue).The script I had created with model builder to synchronize SDE Geodatabase supplying my services also had incorrect database connection information, so it was not synchronizing at all. Once I fixed this, I was able to synchronize and see immediate results on my portal. I'm happy that this was a simple fix and that it works so well. I hope this helps someone out there.

View solution in original post

Reply
0 Kudos
1 Reply
MatthewDeveney1
New Contributor III

I was able to solve my issue and thought I should post my findings. Much of this was because of errors on my part. When I thought I was looking at the replica, I was actually looking at the parent GDB (connection file issue).The script I had created with model builder to synchronize SDE Geodatabase supplying my services also had incorrect database connection information, so it was not synchronizing at all. Once I fixed this, I was able to synchronize and see immediate results on my portal. I'm happy that this was a simple fix and that it works so well. I hope this helps someone out there.

View solution in original post

Reply
0 Kudos