Unregistering Enterprise Geodatabase Data Store Items

Jump to solution
08-02-2022 07:31 AM
GregCarlino2
Occasional Contributor

Greetings Esri community,

We have recently migrated our Enterprise Geodatabase onto a new machine via the backup/restore method, and registered the new EGDB from its new location.  I would now like to unregister the old EGDB so we can remove it from its old location.  Before I can do that, though, I also had several Data Store Items connected to the old EGDB registered through Portal, and cleared these out, as per Esri documentation, by:

• Removing/Overwriting all feature services that reference the old DB.
  • Unchecking the servers that can access the corresponding Data Store Item via their portal ‘Settings’ page
  • Lastly, deleting the Data Store Item from Portal

However, when I go to Server Manager, the registered connections are still showing (circled in red: screenshot), still validate, and the option to delete is grayed-out because (as per the hover-over tool-tip): ‘This Data Store was registered through your portal and cannot be deleted’.  They are also still showing within Server Admin Directory.

I would like to think that there is a way to remove these now-defunct registered connections but cannot seem to get rid of them.  Does anyone know how to do this?

Thank you,

Greg

System Specs: ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.0; SQL Server 2016 (Windows)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GregCarlino2
Occasional Contributor

Update:

Per the Esri Helpdesk - the following directory contains a folder corresponding to each registered database:

C:\arcgisserver\config-store\data\enterpriseDatabases

Upon deleting each folder, the corresponding entry will be removed from within the 'Data Stores' page of Server Manager and Server Admin Directory.  Of course, this presumes all preliminary steps to unregister and remove the related Data Store Items from Portal were taken, prior to deleting these folders.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
GregCarlino2
Occasional Contributor

Update:

Per the Esri Helpdesk - the following directory contains a folder corresponding to each registered database:

C:\arcgisserver\config-store\data\enterpriseDatabases

Upon deleting each folder, the corresponding entry will be removed from within the 'Data Stores' page of Server Manager and Server Admin Directory.  Of course, this presumes all preliminary steps to unregister and remove the related Data Store Items from Portal were taken, prior to deleting these folders.