Unregister/Configure Data Store

Jump to solution
03-12-2019 07:15 AM
MartinMaretta3
New Contributor

Hi all,

I have upgrade our ArcGIS Enterprise solution from 10.6 to 10.6.1

However I have problem with Data Store configuration.

I ran configuration and it failed with Relational Data store.

I unregister it, and tried to run configuration wizard again.

But problem is that Relational Type is still "check", but at begening of wizard I have only TileCashe configured - so Relational should not be "check". So now I have unregister Relational DS and I could not configure new one.

Is there some config file where I can just simply delete that option ? Or some other trick?

Please see picture in attachment where you cen see the difference.

Thanks in advance

Martin  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanielCota1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Martin Maretta‌,

It sounds like while you may have unregistered Data Store from Server, Data Store itself still thinks that it is registered with that Server. To confirm this, you can run the describedatastore command utility and check if there is a value under the "Owning System URL" parameter.

To remove this configuration, you can run the unregisterdatastore command and specify the relational data store. Once this is done, you should be able to have the option to check "Relational" when going through the configuration wizard.

Hope this helps!

-Daniel

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DanielCota1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Martin Maretta‌,

It sounds like while you may have unregistered Data Store from Server, Data Store itself still thinks that it is registered with that Server. To confirm this, you can run the describedatastore command utility and check if there is a value under the "Owning System URL" parameter.

To remove this configuration, you can run the unregisterdatastore command and specify the relational data store. Once this is done, you should be able to have the option to check "Relational" when going through the configuration wizard.

Hope this helps!

-Daniel

MartinMaretta3
New Contributor

Hi Daniel,

thank you. It helps

Martin

0 Kudos
AlexQuintero1
New Contributor II

I have the same problem. If I unregister the data store and configure the relational with the Data store configuration will the underlying data still exist or will it be a fresh config?

0 Kudos
Edgar_W_Iparraguirre
New Contributor III

Quite a bit late, but a database registration it only concerns exclusively letting ArcGIS Server know that a given type of datastore is available, which are the credentials and other parameters to be used. Registration consists essentially of ArcGIS Server creating a couple of entries ("json's") under \config-store\data\<datastore type>\<database name>, and adding corresponding ODBC (?) lines to  \config-store\data\dsconnections.lst and \Program Files\ArcGIS\Server\DatabaseSupport (yes, same file in two places but being handled loosely).

Knowing and handling this requires a bit of carefullness, just be cautious about what you do.

0 Kudos