Unable to use Javascript preview from the rest endpoint

09-04-2019 04:27 AM
JillSlater3
New Contributor III

I have installed a local copy of the javascript API following the instructions here How To: Install the JavaScript API for use with ArcGIS for Server 

When I test a service in the Javascript preview from the rest endpoint, the service does not load properly. It just displays a blank page.

In the developer console I get the following errors:

Two of the paths that it is looking for (arcgis_js_api/library/3.13/3.13/esri/views/MapView.js and ....esri/widgets/Home.js) do not exist in the wwwroot folder where I have installed the api. I am required to use the 3.13 version because of the application that we are using. Is this some problem with the Javascript viewer at the rest end point requiring these files that do not exist in the 3.13 version? The server is 10.7, and it is federated with Portal on another machine.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JacobSnyder1
Esri Contributor

Hi Jill,

You are correct. The "MapView" class referenced here is specific to version 4.x of the ArcGIS API for JavaScript.

What is the version of ArcGIS Server that you are working with?

0 Kudos
JillSlater3
New Contributor III

I am working with ArcGIS Server 10.7, federated with Portal version 10.7. I have installed version 3.13 of the javascript API to use with the Defence Product on Demand. I'm not familiar at all with javascript so I'm not sure how to troubleshoot the browser errors.

0 Kudos