Unable to access shared feature service from outside our domain.

12-20-2017 12:47 PM
JeffGray
New Contributor II

Getting an error, when connecting to a shared feature services in Portal for ArcGIS. (Unable to access authentication service), when using a device from outside our local domain. Example Ipad or laptop in field connecting to portal via 4G cell network. (see attachment Ipad1.png)

I can log in and connect to Portal for ArcGIS, view the items in my content, groups organization, etc. Even add items to the map that are shared with Everyone. But cannot add a shared feature service, because it will not access the authentication service.
The Sign In popup, when accessing the feature, shows the item url to be local domain address. ex.( https://name.domain.local/portal (item) )

I believe, this should be https://name.domain.com/portal (item) this is the address of the portal and the address tied to the CA SSL certificate.
So I believe it is searching for the authentication service in a location (name.domain.local) that is not accessible from outside our network. I have searched but can’t find where to redirect the address to the correct address (name.domain.com). Can this be done to solve the issue?

When I access the same map and service from my PC, signed in to our local domain, everything works fine, able to view and edit data.  When I log into portal and view a map and service that is shared with everyone, everything works fine.

I am only getting this login error when using a feature service shared with specific members of our organization.

ArcGIS Portal with Federated ArcGIS Server and Data Store

Using Built-In Identity Store

Looking forward to getting this resolved so we can add some field apps for the survey crew.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JeffGray
New Contributor II

Is this necessary if we don't have a revers Proxy Server?

However, I did set try setting the WebContextURL to our cityofgadsden.com url.

No luck.

Working with ESRI support, I have also found the same issue affecting IE, on my computer. Once again Chrome works fine.

0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

Are you trying to connect to services on a federated Server?  If so, what URLs did you use for the services URL and admin URL during federation?

JeffGray
New Contributor II

After un-federating the server and then federating the server with the WebContext url set portal admin System - Properties.  It solved the issue.

I can now access my organization/group shared services on all my devices and apps. Thank You Johnathan & Randall  and Narpat at Esri Technical Support