Trouble with hosted items

327
5
07-28-2021 01:18 PM
BenClark
New Contributor III

Hi all,

I'm having trouble with hosted items in our Enterprise 10.8.1 deployment. I don't publish or consume hosted layers very often, so I'm not sure how long this has been an issue, but I first noticed a problem when I went to publish a hosted table to Portal, which failed, and also received the following ArcGIS Server error log entry:

ERROR 001369: Failed to create the service. Failed to execute (PublishServiceDefinition). ERROR 001369: Failed to create the service. Failed to execute (PublishServiceDefinition). Failed to execute (Publish Portal Service).

I then checked on some older hosted layers and sure enough, when clicking on their data tab in Portal all I get is a red box at the bottom of the screen that says "There was an error." 

Data Store validates just fine in ArcGIS Server, and I performed a Data Store install repair on my server machine, but I still can't publish new or access existing hosted items. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Ben

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ToddMetzler
Occasional Contributor II

Please describe further your deployment.  Is your Portal, Sever and Data Store (relational?) on the same computer?  If your Data Store is on it's own computer as Esri recommends, have you defined the connections between all three components (Portal, Server, Data Store) using FQDN?

Have your run  describedatastore .  What does this utility report?

Sometimes in my environment (Portal and Server on server #1, Data Store on Server #2), I have to unregister then re-register the Data Store.  This is usually after an unsynchronized reboot of the Data Store host.

0 Kudos
BenClark
New Contributor III

Good morning, Todd. Thanks a bunch for your time. We're doing a single machine deployment. The describedatastore report doesn't come up with anything immediately suspicious. Status for for both the relational and tile cache data stores are both "Started". 

At this point I might just wipe Data Store from my server and reinstall. I'll also be upgrading to 10.9 soon, which might rectify this as well. Regardless, for my own edification I'd still like to figure out why this happened in the first place...

0 Kudos
BenClark
New Contributor III

Update: Uninstall/reinstall of Data Store didn't work, so I threw in the towel and contacted ESRI support. We updated a bunch of folder permissions on the application server but still no luck. It's odd; I was able to publish a hosted table once, but then all of my services started acting up. Rebooted my server machine out of desperation and at least stuff that had been working came back online...

0 Kudos
YungKaiChin
Occasional Contributor

We have experienced the exact same issue twice in the past 30 days. This may be related to windows recent security patches, but the actual cause(s) remains unknown. I think you may need:

1. Backup your Data Store manually using the Data Store tool

2. Uninstall the Data Store

3. Rename the DataStore folder under C:\Program Files\ArcGIS and the Data Store directory (ex c:\arcgisdatastore)

4. Install the Data Store

5. Restore the Data Store directory with your backup

0 Kudos
BenClark
New Contributor III

Oh, this is interesting. I might give that a shot.

0 Kudos