Select to view content in your preferred language

Trouble Authenticating License with Cloud Builder

10-01-2012 04:49 AM
BenYoungs
Deactivated User
All,

I am trying to use the Cloud Builder app to build out an ArcGIS Server 10.1 for Windows instance on EC2. The Esri AMIs are available to my Amazon account, but I am having issues authenticating my EDN license through Cloud Builder.

When building the .prvc file, I copied the template info into a text file and added our ECP number. I made sure all of the fields were filled out and made sure the location field was present and filled in. I changed the file extension to .prvc and Cloud Builder picks it up.

Once I select the file and move to the next step, the authentication process thinks for a few seconds and then throws a "Could Not Authorize" error.

Has anyone seen this type of behavior before? Are there any tricks to get the license file to play nice with Cloud Builder? I am thinking if I cant use Cloud Builder I might just go through the manual process of setting up the instance, but I did want to give Cloud Builder a try.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Do you mind sending me the license file you used with Cloud Builder? You can email it to me at clin@esri.com.

Thanks,
Cherry
0 Kudos
BrianDavenhall
New Contributor
Was there a resolution to this? I'm experiencing something that may be related.

I first started by using Cloud Builder 10.1 Service Pack 1.  When I try to login to Cloud Builder I get a �??Invalid Credentials Error�?�. I know that my credentials are fine. The error message also says �??AMI �??ami-f319939a�?? does not exist or is not accessible to the AWS account�?�. My first question is: Are there separate AMIs for 10.1SP1? The only documentation I can find is for 10.1 AMIs. I have all three 10.1 AMIs linked to my AWS account.

Next I tried using Cloud Builder 10.1, since I know those AMIs are accessible to my AWS account. When I login to Cloud Builder I get the following Alert message "You cannot use this version of Cloud Builder to manage sites or templates. You must upgrade to ArcGIS Server Cloud Builder 10.1 Service Pack 1. You can download the latest version of Cloud Builder from the Esri Customer Care website. The newer version of Cloud Builder does not affect or change the software version numbers of your existing sites or templates. You are seeing this message because it was detected that your Amazon account was previously accessed by Cloud Builder 10.1 Service Pack 1.�?� But, Cloud Builder lets in and I can start the wizard for creating a new site.  After I fill out the information on the first screen and provide my .prvc file (which I created following these instructions:  http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.1/#/Frequently_asked_questions/00rq00000026000000/), I get a �??Could not authorize license�?� error. My second question is: Since my AWS account was first accessed using Cloud Builder 10.1SP1 (as the alert message indciates), can I not go backwards e.g., if I wanted to create site using 10.1 (without out SP1)? Can I clear this out somehow?
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hey Brian,

It seems like you don't have access to 10.1 SP1 AMIs. That's why you couldn't login to 10.1 SP1 Cloud Builder. In us-east region, the AMIs are called:

ami-19199370    Esri ArcGIS 10.1 SP1 for Server with SQL Server (Jan 2013)
ami-f319939a   Esri ArcGIS 10.1 SP1 for Server with SQL Server Express (Jan 2013)
ami-96cb75ff   Esri ArcGIS 10.1 SP1 for Server on Ubuntu with Postgresql (Oct 2012)

If you are still Esri customer, you should be able to get these AMIs since you have access to 10.1 Final AMIs. If you give me your AWS account#, I can check why you don't have access to 10.1 SP1 AMIs.

For 10.1 final Cloud Builder, since your account is touched by 10.1 SP1 Cloud Builder, you got the warning message. You will not be able to create site as well. But authorization shouldn't fail. Do you mind sending me your prvc file? I can check why that failed too.

Cloud Builder is designed not to go back to earlier versions. I would suggest going with 10.1 SP1 AMIs if we confirm you should have access to 10.1 SP1 AMIs. If not, we could also help you clean up your account and go back to 10.1 Final.

Thanks,
Cherry
0 Kudos