The best practice to “post” the changes from child to parent after the reconcile is performed,

Jump to solution
01-27-2017 12:08 PM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

The best practice to “post” the changes from child to parent after the reconcile is performed,

For example, in the screenshots below, to reconcile from the parent to the child, all what we need to do is to start editing on the child version to be able to write changes of parent on it. After the reconcile, there is no way to transfer changes from child to parent. Then how the post can be implemented in such scenario?

Thank you

Best

Jamal

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Asrujit_SenGupta
MVP Regular Contributor

The access level of DEFAULT version is Protected and it is owned by DBO. Only the version owner can edit in a Version which has Access level set as Protected or Private.

That means others users can connect to the Default, view the data in Default Version and even Reconcile....but to edit in Default, you need to be a DBO (sysadmin login). Remember that the Post process is sending edits from the child to the Parent(in this case Default).

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Asrujit_SenGupta
MVP Regular Contributor

The access level of DEFAULT version is Protected and it is owned by DBO. Only the version owner can edit in a Version which has Access level set as Protected or Private.

That means others users can connect to the Default, view the data in Default Version and even Reconcile....but to edit in Default, you need to be a DBO (sysadmin login). Remember that the Post process is sending edits from the child to the Parent(in this case Default).

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Thank you Asrujit for the help.

Sure. In this case, the default is accessed with the admin logins. But how to apply the “post” on it?

Jamal Numan
0 Kudos
Asrujit_SenGupta
MVP Regular Contributor

Connect to the Child version as the SYSADMIN login and then perform the Reconcile\Post.

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Sorry Asrujit but I didn't get your point. How can I access the child version with admin logins?

Jamal Numan
0 Kudos
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

I got it! I access the default with admin logins then “change version”. This way one can write on both child and parent

Jamal Numan
0 Kudos
Asrujit_SenGupta
MVP Regular Contributor

Great....Please close out the Posts which have been answered by marking the suitable answer as Correct!

0 Kudos