target server is not licensed for publishing

Jump to solution
12-12-2018 07:21 AM
ToddFagin
Occasional Contributor II

We recently setup ArcGIS Server 10.6 (on a Windows 2012 R2 VM). I am trying to publish a service from ArcMap 10.6, but receive the following message: "The selected target server is not licensed for publishing the current service type." This happens immediately upon selecting the connection in the Publish a Service dialog window. The best we can tell, the server is properly configured and licensed.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Error_message

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

Ah, you need to also license that site for ArcGIS Enterprise Advanced license. That license is required on the machine for publishing.

--- George T.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
George_Thompson

What type of data are you trying to publish?

--- George T.
0 Kudos
ToddFagin

Originally, I started with a simple vector point shapefile that I was going to publish as a feature service. Next, I tried a simple orthomosaic I was going to publish as a cached map service (tile layer). In both instances, I couldn't even get beyond the initial dialog window.

0 Kudos
George_Thompson

Can you publish as a simple map service?

What level of licencing (Basic, Standard, Advanced) is your ArcGIS Server?

--- George T.
0 Kudos
ToddFagin

I cannot get past the first dialog window to even select the type of service I wish to publish.

We have Advanced.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
George_Thompson

This is normally seems to be related to licensing issues. Can you provide a screen shot of the following: Server Manager page > Site > Software Authorization

Otherwise a quick call into tech support may help you get up and running.

--- George T.
0 Kudos
ToddFagin

Thanks for your assistance. Our system administrator seems to think ArcMap is looking for server resources that are not installed on my local machine and that installing Portal on the server will fix this. Then again, there may be additional licensing issues. Here's the screenshot.

authorization

0 Kudos
George_Thompson

Ah, you need to also license that site for ArcGIS Enterprise Advanced license. That license is required on the machine for publishing.

--- George T.
ToddFagin

That appears to have done the trick. Thanks again.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I am having the same issue, getting the error while publishing the feature services on portal "The selected target server is not licensed for publishing the current service type" .

We have ArcGIS Enterprise Advanced license as shown in the screen shot. Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos