Select to view content in your preferred language

System Design Strategies wiki site

07-02-2010 01:53 PM
DavePeters
Deactivated User
System Design Strategies document is now updated on the Wiki.GIS.com site.  The System Design Strategies documentation was first published in June 1993, and the System Design Strategies 26th Edition (the last release in PDF format) was released in August 2009.  The System Design Strategies documentation shares what we have learned about building GIS Enterprise systems over the past 20 years. Updates to this documentation is now maintained on the System Design Strategies wiki site.
7 Replies
DavePeters
Deactivated User
You can access the System Design Strategies wiki site at www.esri.com/systemdesign.
0 Kudos
DavePeters
Deactivated User

The www.esri.com/systemdesign link is still good.  For some reason when you select the URL from this site it adds the geonet.esri.com thread to the URL.

0 Kudos
StuartMitchell
Deactivated User
Mr Peters,

I've a copy of the excellent 2008 Building a GIS, but I noticed that Amazon UK are releasing the second edition on 6th Jan over here. Is there a place where I can see the updates to the book - say a revised ToC or list of updates?

Stu
0 Kudos
DavePeters
Deactivated User

There are some sample pages and TOC at the Esri Press site.  You can access the Esri Press Building a GIS site at the following URL Esri Press | Building a GIS, Second Edition | System Architecture Design Strategies for Managers

0 Kudos
DavePeters
Deactivated User
Mr Peters,

I've a copy of the excellent 2008 Building a GIS, but I noticed that Amazon UK are releasing the second edition on 6th Jan over here. Is there a place where I can see the updates to the book - say a revised ToC or list of updates?

Stu

Building a GIS 2nd Edition was just released this morning for sale in the Esri warehouse.  It should be available from both our U.S. distributor and our international distributor (Eurospan) in a few weeks.  The 2012 catalog also releases shortly and the book info on the Press website will be updated and the new edition will show up soon (http://esripress.esri.com/display/index.cfm?fuseaction=display&websiteID=209&moduleID=0)
0 Kudos
PaulLohr
Frequent Contributor

Dave,

I am looking for the system design strategies document that has been discussed in this thread. The link is no longer correct.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

It is available on wiki format at:

http://wiki.gis.com/wiki/index.php/System_Design_Strategies_Preface

Hope this helps

Jesús