Symbology Automatically Changed to Transparent When Layer is Published

Jump to solution
12-30-2015 07:25 AM
TiffanySelvidge1
Occasional Contributor III

I have created a model where a layer references symbology from another layer (not in the model). After running the model and viewing the layer in Arcmap, the symbology looks correct. After I publish the layer the majority of the symbology becomes 70% transparent and any black in the imagery is completely transparent. I have added and re-added the symbology. I have created brand new symbology. I have copied re-named the 4 symbols (out of 30) that are published without problems and used the copies for the ruined symbology but the copies end up being published transparent. I created all the symbology using exactly the same method. There is absolutely no difference, other than the name, for the copied symbology and yet only 4 symbols will publish correctly.

Any help will be appreciated.

I am using ArcMap 10.2.2.    Arcgis Server 10.31

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TiffanySelvidge1

The symbology is finally working. I updated from 10.2.2 to 10.3.1. The server I was loading the service upon was already running 10.3.1. I do not know if the problem was either caused by a bug in 10.2.2 or caused by the difference in versions. Whichever the case, it now works.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
TiffanySelvidge1

For example:

Correct:

Not correct:

0 Kudos
MichaelRobb

Does this still occur if the black is a color other than 0,0,0 ?

0 Kudos
TiffanySelvidge1

I tried different images (with different colors) but nothing worked.

0 Kudos
TiffanySelvidge1

The symbology is finally working. I updated from 10.2.2 to 10.3.1. The server I was loading the service upon was already running 10.3.1. I do not know if the problem was either caused by a bug in 10.2.2 or caused by the difference in versions. Whichever the case, it now works.