I am using ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8.1 stand-alone Server and Enterprise Geodatabase. I am working in ArcGIs Pro 2.7 (until today when I updated to 2.8). We are windows and SQL Server users. I have a feature class of points with a subtype field and about 5 domains. When I tried to create a feature in Pro 2.7 I got an error much like to ones I have read about here. The new feature can not be created because the domain value is invalid. I returned to ArcCatalog and made sure that each of the domains had a default value and each of the 20 subtypes was using that default value. That was a major pain. After that I tried to create a feature again in Pro only to find that I must not have gotten all of the subtypes updated with the domain defaults. I read a post in here that explained how to use the Template Manager. That was the first I have ever heard of it. I went through each subtype again in the Template Manager and found a couple that I had missed. At this point, I am very sure that the subtypes and domains should no longer have issues. Turns out that this is true except that any settings I corrected with Template Manager were only corrected in that Pro Project.
Now, I get a new error when trying to create a feature. The new error says that Error code:500 is happening and the applyEdits operation cannot complete due to an internal server error! I have attached the original error and the new error.
I suppose my next step is to narrow things down a bit. I am tempted to change my subtype into a domain because setting a default domain value for each subtype is not really necessary for my project. I could also turn off editor tracking and ownership-based editing but before that I wanted to ask the Community if there is anyone out there that has been successful with Pro 2.7 and stand-alone Enterprise Server 10.8.1 along with editor tracking and ownership-base access. I was able to get this working a few months ago but am not able to now.
Sorry for the long dialog! I would appreciate any help on this. I have read much documentation and do not really need to be given links to the documentation. I am looking for actual experiences to learn from since I have not been successful just reading the documentation!
Just an update... I was able to add a feature to my feature service with the help of Ola from technical support. We did run into a bug in ArcGIS Pro 2.8 where the editor name is not immediately available in the Editor Tracking field. Ola discovered that the Feature Service had to be removed and re-added to the project for the editor name to show in the fields. It took closing and reopening the project for me to see the editor name. This has been submitted by Ola as a bug.