Strange locator behaviour using multiline input

02-08-2016 08:11 AM
PeterHanmore
New Contributor III

I've been upgrading our existing 10.05 locators to 10.2.2 and thought everything was going well until I published our parcel service to Server 10.2.2.  I'm experiencing unusual behaviour when submitting multiline locator requests both through the REST endpoint and SOAP (through ArcMap batch geocoding).

What I'm seeing is that consistently, the first request for an address will return either the expected results or 'none'.  The next request will return the opposite.  This alternating behaviour is consistent and repeatable.  I have tried rebuilding the locator using our previous 10.05 Single Address locator style as well as the one that comes with 10.2.2 and even tried the ones from 10.3.1 with the same results.

This only seems to occur with our parcel data (it's the only one we publish using the single address style) - our roads locator based on dual range style works fine.  It also works fine when using the single line input - just multiline isn't working.

Has anyone else experienced this behaviour?  Any workaround / fix?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

Peter:

Is the behavior only occurring at REST with the parcel based locator? What is the behavior when batch geocoding in ArcMap with the original unpublished address locator? If you are able to provide the parcel data and existing locator I can take a look at the behavior to try and provide some insight.

-Shana

0 Kudos