Stop Map Services before performing maintenance / backups

10-26-2020 06:37 PM
ClintonBallandis1
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I've recently installed ArcGIS Monitor 10.7.1 and I'm now receiving quite a few email alerts at times when we are:

1) Running the Webgisdr Tool (on Enterprise 10.7.1)

2) Performing Enterprise Geodatabase Maintenance (Compress, Rebuild Indexes, Analyze Datasets on SQL Server)

These above process are all scheduled to occur and night.

What I'm trying to avoid is ArcGIS Monitor sending me severe or critical warnings that are related to these backups, enterprise gdb maintenance while the alerts are valid they aren't required.

I thinking that these alerts are happening because we don't stop our map / feature services before performing the above processes?

Backups using the webgisdr tool start at 11pm, severe warming occurs at 11.02pm

Enterprise Geodatabase Maintenance begins at 1.00 am and I get alters from the services saying that they cant access the  DBMS server

What is the recommended procedure? Should we stop all of our services first ? what are other organizations doing ? 

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Clinton

0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Clinton,

If your end goal is to stop the warning messages coming through ArcGIS Monitor, then it may be beneficial to stop all of these services ahead of the scheduled maintenance. Stopping services manually can be cumbersome, so take a look at the sample script provided below and see if it has what you are looking for: Example: Stop or start all services in a folder—ArcGIS Server | Documentation for ArcGIS Enterprise 

Let me know if this helps.

Calvin

0 Kudos