Spatial query without any result?

Jump to solution
05-22-2019 06:39 AM
robert_at_work
New Contributor III

Hi,

I created a table (CTAS) in Oracle and joined data from multiple tables and a feature class. The new table includes spatial geometry and I registered the table in the geodatabase (using the ArcMap 10.5 toolbox).

I can add the new feature class to ArcMap and perform a spatial query there.

I published the feature class to ArcGIS server but I can only perform attributive queries. As soon as I perform a spatial query I will never get any result. As the features are taken from another table/layer I query both - my new table and the table where the feature come from. Same query - different result or better: no result.

Any idea why this happens?

Table has spatial index. I dont get any error message. I just get zero results.....

Many thanks, Rob

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonathanFarmer_oldaccount
Occasional Contributor III

Robert,

No worries and hopefully the website gets easier to navigate with experience! 

If you mark your reply above as the correct answer to your thread, this thread will be removed from the top threads (you should be able to do this from the "Actions" link at the bottom left of your reply).

To help guide you in your issue though, I might advise taking a look at the Fiddler traffic when you perform the query from a web map and also an Oracle trace. There may be errors in there that point you in the right direction.

Jonathan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
robert_at_work
New Contributor III

sorry, this web site is very confusing. i didnt mean to start a discussion. now I have started one I cant remove. I posted my question to the "Question" section. so please ignore this post here....

0 Kudos
JonathanFarmer_oldaccount
Occasional Contributor III

Robert,

No worries and hopefully the website gets easier to navigate with experience! 

If you mark your reply above as the correct answer to your thread, this thread will be removed from the top threads (you should be able to do this from the "Actions" link at the bottom left of your reply).

To help guide you in your issue though, I might advise taking a look at the Fiddler traffic when you perform the query from a web map and also an Oracle trace. There may be errors in there that point you in the right direction.

Jonathan

0 Kudos