Sharing Data Road Map

08-28-2015 10:34 AM
DMFACER
New Contributor III

I am looking for a road map or guide on how to share data from our organization with our client, and then pull that data back into our system for editing.  We are new to ArcGIS for Server, so we are still feeling our way through how to use it effectively.

Here is what I'm hoping to accomplish:

1. Publish existing data from ArcGIS Desktop to ArcGIS for Server/ArcGIS Online
  2. Client edits data in ArcGIS Online
  3. Download modified data to ArcGIS Desktop for additional edits/data management
  4. Publish finalized data from ArcGIS Desktop back to ArcGIS for Server/ArcGIS Online

Is there a tutorial, document, class or just someone willing to provide details on how to accomplish this workflow?

Thanks,

Matt

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JoshWhite
Regular Contributor III

Did you ever find a solution to this?  I have a similar situation but more on the client side.  The county has all of the parcel data stored in SDE and we cannot seem to come to an appropriate solution that allows us to download the data from the county for our own use.  We've tried Clip & Ship, a feature service, ftp, or sending a zip file by email.  None of these are working well. 

Josh White, AICP
Principal Planner

City of Arkansas City
0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

You may want to look into Geodatabase Replication: Understanding distributed data—ArcGIS Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

This could also be done from the ArcGIS Server using Geodata Services: Geodatabase replication and ArcGIS for Server—ArcGIS Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

This should give you some more items to review and decide with.

-George

GeodatabaseManaging DataEnterprise GIS

--- George T.
0 Kudos