Select to view content in your preferred language

Shared Instance Map Services: Not Starting Consistently

06-08-2022 11:38 AM
ZianChoy
Frequent Contributor

Some of the map services on my ArcGIS Server 10.9.1 computer do not start after the machine restores itself from a WebGIS DR backup and finishes rebooting. The services are running on shared instances.

What's the best way to investigate the issue? I'm aware that there's not much out there for monitoring shared instances.

The map services are configured to start automatically ("configuredState"). The services will start without a problem if I manually click the Start button in ArcGIS Server Manager.

Is there any way to find out why they aren't starting automatically when AGS starts?

Server Manager Logs:

• Collects information at the INFO level
  • Nothing about failing to start the service.
  • Multiple messages about being unable to process requests that refer to the service's URL. ("Unable to process request. Service Customer_Features/Cust72_Battalion_1/MapServer not started")

Ideas:

System Details:

• ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.1
  • Web Adaptor on 1 server
  • Map services refer to an enterprise GDB running on a separate SQL Server computer
  • Portal, ArcGIS Server, and Data Store are all on 1 server.
  • Windows Server 2019 Version 1809
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
DeonzaMohamed
Occasional Contributor

Has a solution been found for this? A forest worker is trying to access a map in field maps on the mobile device and is receiving a 'MapServer not started' error. Thanks.

0 Kudos