Set map service in idle mode in ArcGIS Server 10.1 when not in used

Jump to solution
09-05-2013 09:26 PM
SunilPalkar
Occasional Contributor
I am using ESRI suit 10.1 (ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS JSAPI 3.3/3.4) at my end and having few performance questions regarding ArcGIS Map service.

-We have three simple map services published on our server.

-Each map services contains query layer and with the help of query layer, we have created few xy events source layer in each map service.

-Integrated those map services in ArcGIS Java script application.

-While querying on the map we are facing load at our sql server database (I think the request coming from client side as we used query layer)

-Interesting thing is that in down time we got request only from arcgis server machine (On DB server machine, checked the machine details and host name it???s our arcgis server machine)

So is it possible to set map service in idle mode when not in used? I checked the pooled and non-pooled option but in 10.1, all map services are pooled.

Going through System Design Strategies

Any help regarding this will be great !!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor
You can set the minimum number of instances to run the service to 0 under the Pooling tab, so that if no one is accessing the service, there won't a be an ArcSOC.exe process up for it.  Note, the first time someone access the service, it may take a second or two longer for that first person to use it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor
You can set the minimum number of instances to run the service to 0 under the Pooling tab, so that if no one is accessing the service, there won't a be an ArcSOC.exe process up for it.  Note, the first time someone access the service, it may take a second or two longer for that first person to use it.
0 Kudos
SunilPalkar
Occasional Contributor
Thanks it works for me : )
0 Kudos