Service startup timeout

Jump to solution
01-29-2013 11:04 AM
SamirGambhir
Occasional Contributor III
I am using ArcGIS Server 10.1 with Javascript API and have successfully created an application on my local machine. I am now trying to set this up on Amazon cloud. I have moved my data and codes to the local drives of my amazon instance. I have successfully created services for my non-cache layers. I have also managed to create the service for my cached layer but I am unable to generate cache for this service. I have been struggling with it for the past one week and here are the issues I am facing:
1. Each time I try to create cache, the progress bar displays for a long time but does not create any tiles.
2. At the end of this process it'll stop my service as well.
3. Attempts to start the service ends up with a message "service failed to start, xyz.Mapserver: LOCALHOST Service startup timeout.
4. I once created the service and copied the tiles created on my local server. As soon as it was done pasting the tile folders, the service stopped. Starting the service results in the same message as #3. Additionally, it stops the caching, publishing and reporting services as well.

I looked up the forum and have already looked into Python path and Roles settings.
I also have a registered web adaptor and have tried the service URL through this webadaptor but my services (non-cache) do not show up on my application.
Please help
Thanks
Samir
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SamirGambhir
This should work, there is no obvious reason why it doesn't. Have you tried to contact tech support to help troubleshoot the machine?

Hi Marwa,
I rebooted my instance and everything seems to be working now.................so far
Thanks
Samir

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MarwaMabrouk
New Contributor
This should work, there is no obvious reason why it doesn't. Have you tried to contact tech support to help troubleshoot the machine?
0 Kudos
SamirGambhir

Hi Marwa,
I rebooted my instance and everything seems to be working now.................so far
Thanks
Samir