Second Server in Linux Deployment

09-02-2020 06:12 AM
JohnSteed1
New Contributor III

Has anyone else had an issue adding a new #enterprise server to a site in a #arcgis enterprise linux deployment in the #aws cloud
We have been trying to add a second Server, but it just hangs with no response.

We opened a ticket with Esri, but they don't appear to have any ideas on why this is happening or how to fix it.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ChristopherPawlyszyn
Esri Contributor

I've certainly joined a Linux installation to an existing ArcGIS Server site within AWS before, but there are a few additional aspects that would have to be nailed-down prior to a successful joinSite operation.

First I'd check out these prerequisites if you haven't already:

About multiple-machine ArcGIS Server sites—ArcGIS Server | Documentation for ArcGIS Enterprise 

Then I'd be curious about where your config-store is located, on a file server via NFS/CIFS share or in S3/DynamoDB? If the latter, are you connecting using an IAM role or an access key? Also I would make sure the new mounted paths are identical between the machines and do not have any caching enabled in the fstab entries, plus verifying the security groups are allowing the required ports for ArcGIS Server to communicate through.

Ports used by ArcGIS Server—ArcGIS Enterprise | Documentation for ArcGIS Enterprise 

There should be some logging in /arcgis/server/usr/logs/<machine_name>/server/ (default location on Esri Ubuntu AMIs) during the joinSite operation that may at least indicate where in the process things are getting hung-up. Also any evidence of machine data in the shared config-store would be indicative of where the machine is at in the process.

Hope that helps!

-- Chris Pawlyszyn
0 Kudos