sde tablespace

Jump to solution
09-17-2014 09:50 PM
jayasudha
New Contributor III

HI

I am trying use "create enterprise geodatabase" geoprocessing tool for oracle.

I want to use existing (pre-created) sde tablespace, data files at predefined location.

Do I need to create sde user with a default tablespace created in above step before using geoprocessing tool ?

or the tool can create sde user and assign sde tablespace ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChristianWells
Esri Regular Contributor

No, if you want to use the Create Enterprise Geodatabase tool with a predefined tablespace for SDE, you can allow the tool to create the user and grant permissions to sde. However, you will need to specify the existing tablespace name in the tool under the Tablespace Name parameter. As long as that tablespace name exists, the tool will assign the SDE user to that tablespace.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ChristianWells
Esri Regular Contributor

No, if you want to use the Create Enterprise Geodatabase tool with a predefined tablespace for SDE, you can allow the tool to create the user and grant permissions to sde. However, you will need to specify the existing tablespace name in the tool under the Tablespace Name parameter. As long as that tablespace name exists, the tool will assign the SDE user to that tablespace.

0 Kudos
jayasudha
New Contributor III

Hi, Thanks for that. After creating geodatabase tables succesfully, there is warning from tool.

The ST_Geometry shape library path may be invalid, or the EXTPROC is not configured correctly in the Oracle instance. [ (Unable to determine current version of ST_SHAPELIB. The latest ST_GEOMETRY and dependent libraries need to be copied to the correct software location. Refer to the ArcGIS help topics for more details.

)]

0 Kudos
ChristianWells
Esri Regular Contributor

Yes, that warning is to be expected if the ST_SHAPELIB is not specified for the correct path. This warning can be addressed after creating the geodatabase by configuring the external processes (exproc.ora) for Oracle to point to the ST_SHAPELIB.DLL.

Configuring the Oracle extproc to access the geodatabase with SQL:

ArcGIS Help (10.2, 10.2.1, and 10.2.2)

0 Kudos
jayasudha
New Contributor III

Hi,

Our oracle server (11gR2) is on Linux (5.5), where can i download these files.

libst_shapelib.so

libst_raster_ora.so

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

Both of those files can be found in the ArcSDE for Oracle installation. This can be downloaded from the MyEsri site.

You can find the libst_shapelib.so file in the following location for a ArcGIS 10.2.x install: C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\Desktop10.2\DatabaseSupport\Oracle\Linux64

The libst_raster_ora.so is in the ArcSDE for Oracle install. Here are the directions for setting up and configuring the ST_Raster functions for a local Oracle geodatabase.

ArcGIS Help (10.2, 10.2.1, and 10.2.2)

-George

--- George T.
jayasudha
New Contributor III

Many Thanks

0 Kudos