Replicate to a Different Schema

04-19-2016 02:10 PM
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

I have a parent SDE database that I replicate to a child (oneway) .  The child has one extra attribute field than the parent and it's pretty easy to maintain it.  Currently, I use a third party application that allows me to map attribute field names to what the third party app needs.  However those days are numbered; the latest version of the third party app now dictates what the filed names need to be, and mapping is no longer an option.

Is there way to replicate from one feature class with a given attribute schema to another feature class and a different attribute schema and have the replication process map the fields, transferring values?  For example  the parent feature class has a field called S_NAME which holds the name of a street, while the child would have STREETNAME as the field name, but would hold the exact same value(s).  If I were to create an empty feature class of the new schema, I could use the simple data loader to do that, but I'd much rather replicate if possible

I was hoping this might provide the solution for me, but I'm getting somewhat lost wading through it:  Schema changes—ArcGIS Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

(Working with ArcGIS v 10.3.1, Sql Server 2014 as the parent, a file geodatabase as the child.)

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
0 Replies