Relational Datastore Status Recovery Failed

Jump to solution
03-26-2019 05:13 PM
ClintonBallandis1
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I can no longer validate my federated ArcGIS Servers in Portal 10.5. When I do this I get red exclamation marks. I'm trying to track down the cause of the issue and have started looking at the datastore. I can publish map services from Pro however  I don't seem to be able to publish hosted services. When I run the describe datastore utility the relational data store status is RecoveryFailed, while the tile cache datastore status is Started. 

I'm assuming that the relational datastore status should also be started. Any ideas on how I restart / repair the datastore ? 

Thanks,

Clinton

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ThomasNoble
Esri Contributor

Hi Clinton Ballandis‌,

I sent you a workflow via private message that should remedy the issue. Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions!

Best,

Thomas

View solution in original post

9 Replies
ThomasNoble
Esri Contributor

Hi Clinton Ballandis‌,

I sent you a workflow via private message that should remedy the issue. Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions!

Best,

Thomas

EmilioTomeBlasco
New Contributor II

Please @ClintonBallandis1 , can you share the workflow publcly?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
AlexQuintero1
New Contributor II

What's the workflow for the fix? Having the same issue.

ClintonBallandis1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for providing the solution. I can confirm that the process you provided worked. My relational datastore now has a Status of Started.

Regards,

Clinton

0 Kudos
JamesNeild1
New Contributor III

What was the workflow? Is there a reason it wasn't posted?

We have something similar occurring although we can post a new hosted service. Validation is successful in Portal and Server manager, but not at Server Admin or in DescribeDatastore.

DennisSmith
Esri Contributor

Hello there James, the best result is that you can call into support and ask for some assistance with this as it is not something that we would normally just pass on without someone from support being involved with.

0 Kudos
Victor_Estevez
New Contributor

i'm having the same issue.

Is The solution related with edit the arcgis-data-store-config.json ?

0 Kudos
Irina_Rakhimova
Esri Contributor

@Victor_Estevez Not sure if you are still having an issue, but I believe the solution is documented here under Alternate Solution.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

In my client's case this was resolved by a simple restart of the DataStore service (Portal 10.8.1)

0 Kudos