Register ODBC connection Data Store with Server

07-23-2014 11:47 AM
JamesNyberg
New Contributor II

Hi,

I am trying to get an ODBC database connection registered as a data store with my ArcGIS Server instance.

I created an ODBC connection to an Oracle database.  The connection works in ArcGIS Desktop.  I can add and view tables and their data.  Now, when I try and register the database connection as a data store with the Server (to publish a service), I get the following error:

"The connection property set was missing a required property or the property value was unrecognized."

I get the message when using the Import button in the Data Store\Register Database section of the Server Properties, and selecting my ODBC connection.

I have installed both 32-bit and 64-bit drivers for the ODBC connection type, and tried every permutation on the server and client of the driver sets.  I have tried registering on the client and server, and with all permutations of both User and System DSN ODBC setups.  I tried registering through the Server Manager, but it will only accept SDE files, not ODC (like was created for the ODBC connection).

I can see in the Server config-store where it stores the datastores, but I cannot just add my connection string because I dont have the encoded password it would create.

Does anyone have any ideas on what else I could try?

Is this even possible: to register an ODBC connection as a data store in ArcGIS server?

0 Kudos
0 Replies