Raster JPG images not opening in ArcGIS10

08-07-2012 01:07 AM
SurajKoneri
New Contributor II
We are using ArcGIS 10. in that adding raster images as hyperlinks to some features on map.

Whenever we try to open the images as hyperlinks following error we are getting..

"Unable to open \\desktop\images\sample.JPG" Please make sure the path is correct and document exists.

but this path is correct. in the same path i have other type of file(.pdf,.txt) these i am able to access from ArcGIS hyperlinks.

Is there any configuration to set default applications to open image files in ArcGIS 10 server?

Along with ArcGIS we have Office 2010 tools to open images.

It works on server. but when we try that from Citrix not able to open.

please help me.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
BubbaHey
Occasional Contributor III
there are known issues when using Citrix, see this thread: http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/6343-arcgis-with-citrix-performance-and-known-issues
0 Kudos
TerryGrosskleg
New Contributor
My Windows file association for the jpg file that I was trying to hyperlink to in ArcMap 10 was set to Microsoft Paint.  After I changed the file association to Windows Live Photo Gallery I no longer got the error message "Unable to open .... Please make sure the path is correct and document exists." and the hyperlink worked okay.  I wonder if ArcMap 10 has an incompatibility with Paint.
0 Kudos
CharlieShafer1
New Contributor

Thank you so much for this.  I spent a while trying to get this to work until I found your post.  Changing from Paint to Photo fixed the incompatibility.