Query Layer Has Virtual Column High Error

10-08-2019 09:03 AM
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

I have a query layer in both ArcMap 10.5.1 and 10.7.1 that I am trying to publish to ArcGIS Server in both environments that has feature access with only Query capabilities.  I get High error messages that need to be resolved for publishing to work that say "Query layer has virtual column 'SHAPE" and so on for the other columns in the query layer feature class.

Has anyone seen this error before (It's new to me)?  If so, can you share what you did to correct this High error?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jill_es
Esri Contributor

It sounds like you are encountering error 00223.  With this in mind, does your query contain any virtual columns?  If so, is there any difference when you change the query so that no virtual columns are present?

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

The Query Layer originates from an Oracle database that is spatially enabled with ESRI libraries but is not in an SDE database.  The Query Layer uses a logical view which I think is composed of all derived values so AGS considers all the columns to be virtual columns.  As such does this mean that a logical view can never have feature access enabled as AGS will always recognize the columns as virtual columns which are not allowed?

0 Kudos
jill_es
Esri Contributor

Considering the multitude of ways a view can be created, I recommend creating a case with Technical Support.  Doing so would allow for somebody to determine if ArcGIS Server is indeed viewing all of the columns to be virtual columns or not - thus determining if you are indeed encountering this known issue or not.

Like (0)  Reply Actions 
0 Kudos