Select to view content in your preferred language

Publish referenced building scene layer with relationship (not hosted)

11-21-2023 01:06 AM
mmarkovic
New Contributor III

Hi,

I'm trying to publish on Enterprise a Building scene layer as referenced. Some of its multipatchs contains relationships on a table.

When publishing it in a hosted Web Scene from ArcGIS Pro, the associated feature layer contains the relationships.

Unfortunately, when I try to publish it as a referenced Web Scene Layer, the associated feature layer doesn't contains the relationship. Is there any way to do this ?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MichaelLau
Esri Contributor

Hi,

When publishing your building scene layer by reference you can maintain your relationship class set in Pro.  Here is a Learn topic on the subject:

https://learn.arcgis.com/en/projects/connect-a-3d-digital-model-to-additional-table-data/

Can you try the steps found in the topic and let us know if it still doesn't work for you?

0 Kudos
mmarkovic
New Contributor III

Hi,

The steps in the topic show how to share the building scene into a web Scene. As far as I know, using this way will share the Building scene layer and the associated feature layer as hosted and not referenced.

It is working for the relationship but it is not what I'm trying to do. I need the associated feature layer to be referenced AND keep the relationship to the table, as configured in the SDE.

DA_BIM-GIS
Esri Contributor

Hello @mmarkovic 

Yes, you can do what you are trying to do,  but you will need enterprise 10.9 or newer to accomplished the workflow. 

We are working on a learn lesson specific on this topic which will be out early next year. 

David

AzizTejan-Jalloh
New Contributor III

Hi ...I look foward to seeing a best practises workflow that covers in detail publishing a webscene or scene layer that contain feature layers as referenced data and not hosted on the Portal datastore. It would be ideal because the feature layer should update automatically when there are any changes in the scene in this scenario. I am currently testing it out Enterprise 11.1. Do you have a more exact timeline for early next year?

Thanks, Aziz

0 Kudos
mmarkovic
New Contributor III

Hi,

@DA_BIM-GIS I'm working on Enterprise 11.0. Can I have any advice to perform this since I will need to do it before next year ?