Publish Map Service does not List Layers

Jump to solution
01-22-2016 10:37 AM
StevenGraf1
Occasional Contributor III

We recently just brought our ArcGIS Server 10.3.1 site down from 2 Servers / 2 Web Adaptors to 1 Server and 1 Web Adaptor.  I published a map service today and noticed the layers were not populating in the rest end point.  The layers do not work in a web application either.  Anyone ever experienced this?  I'm inclined to think this is going to require a fresh install to fix it.  See hte 'Layers:' below in the screenshot.  A list of the layers in the map service should be there but they aren't.

I've already restarted ArcGIS Server service.  I will reboot the machine tonight to see if that fixes it.

-Steven

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StevenGraf1

I checked the logs and it said it was a permissions issue.  I had already added the arcgis user to the SDE database but I went ahead and gave them db_owner permissions and it worked.  Some of my other databases work just fine without giving arcgis permissions like that.  ArcGIS Analyze window didn't throw any errors either.  Usually with insufficient permissions it gives you something.

Hopefully someone finds this info useful.

-Steven

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
StevenGraf1

I checked the logs and it said it was a permissions issue.  I had already added the arcgis user to the SDE database but I went ahead and gave them db_owner permissions and it worked.  Some of my other databases work just fine without giving arcgis permissions like that.  ArcGIS Analyze window didn't throw any errors either.  Usually with insufficient permissions it gives you something.

Hopefully someone finds this info useful.

-Steven

0 Kudos