???Proxy server got bad address from remote server (verify the server is running)???,

12-14-2013 12:31 PM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor
???Proxy server got bad address from remote server (verify the server is running)???,

In principle, why all web browsers are affected in case the access to internet is lost. For example, ArcGIS Server Manager (and other web mapping applications) doesn???t work if the internet access is lost! Why?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29887[/ATTACH]

Then why the services generated by the ArcGIS Server are dependent on the internet access? My understanding that these services should work irrespective to the status of the internet access.

Thank you

Best

Jamal
----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
RichardWatson
Frequent Contributor
Jamal,

I agree that Internet access should not be required or assumed.

Here is a KB article I found which may, or may not, relate to your issue:

http://support.esri.com/en/knowledgebase/techarticles/detail/40799

If that does not address your issue then I suggest that you run Fiddler, capture the HTTP traffic, and see if you can figure out what is actually failing.
0 Kudos
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor
Jamal,

I agree that Internet access should not be required or assumed.

Here is a KB article I found which may, or may not, relate to your issue:

http://support.esri.com/en/knowledgebase/techarticles/detail/40799

If that does not address your issue then I suggest that you run Fiddler, capture the HTTP traffic, and see if you can figure out what is actually failing.

Many thanks Richard for the help.

I�??ll be trying the options that you have already provided and see if they work with me

Best

Jamal
Jamal Numan
0 Kudos
DennisJarrard
Esri Contributor
I agree with Richard. If it's not related to issue outlined in the KB, you might check the URL being used by your connection file and make sure it's not using a public-facing URL. If it is, and you lose connection to the internet, it will fail. In the situation that you are still connected to a network, but that network has no access to the internet, the connection should use internal URLs so that it doesn't attempt to leave your local network to reach the ArcGIS Server. In the event that the machine is completely disconnected from a local network and the internet, you'll probably need to use localhost in the connection URL unless you resolve the machine name to 127.0.0.1 (local loopback) in the hosts file (C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc). Either way, Fiddler would be helpful in showing you what paths are being used to access your server.
0 Kudos
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor
I agree with Richard. If it's not related to issue outlined in the KB, you might check the URL being used by your connection file and make sure it's not using a public-facing URL. If it is, and you lose connection to the internet, it will fail. In the situation that you are still connected to a network, but that network has no access to the internet, the connection should use internal URLs so that it doesn't attempt to leave your local network to reach the ArcGIS Server. In the event that the machine is completely disconnected from a local network and the internet, you'll probably need to use localhost in the connection URL unless you resolve the machine name to 127.0.0.1 (local loopback) in the hosts file (C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc). Either way, Fiddler would be helpful in showing you what paths are being used to access your server.

Thanks Dennis for the help.

Best

Jamal
Jamal Numan
0 Kudos