Problem with cache and AGOL Tiles

01-26-2017 07:16 AM
PanGIS
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

need to clarify things regarding map caching as I need to solve a performance problem:

Server 10.2

Map published as a service, cashed till tile 19 (1:1128) AGOL cache.

The data and map (mxd) are all in WGS84 (I need this as it better this coordinate for data).

The service is published in Web Mercator as I  need this for a AGOL service to work.

The service is used by an app.

As soon as I zoom in too close (different tiles for imagery and topographic) the message "Map not available yet" appears.

Now, what is it better?:

• Recreate the tile in a custom mode: I have realized that if I delete the cache and I tile again from the service properties I can change the tile scheme and tile the map as I want. The map is still in Web Mercator and the tile are customized (tested on another service).
  • Remove the tile and use the dynamic data.
  • Limit the zoom with an app customization (QT)  (no idea if I can as I don't make code, I would ask if is it possible).

I would go for the first one but I am worried that I can mess something with that. Any idea?

Limit the zoom on a map can work?

Thanks.

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
AdamZiegler1
Esri Contributor

Hi - Ideally the App would recognize the cached map service as a basemap and stop you from zooming in too far. If this isn't an option, you could add zoom levels without completely overhauling your cache. In the Server Tools --> Caching Toolbox you can use the 'Manage Map Server Cache Scales' to add or delete cache levels.

-Adam Z

0 Kudos