Problem starting PublishingTools Service

Jump to solution
01-11-2018 01:18 AM
Syed_AzamGhouri
New Contributor III

I am using ArcGIS server 10.2.2. The following message appeared when starting PublishingTools service and it is persistent. Is there a fix for this. Please help. Thanks

Service failed to start

System.PublishingTools.GPServer: 
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Service containing process crashed for 'System/PublishingTools.GPServer'.Please see if an error report was generated in 'C:\arcgisserver\logs\SWPRUPFS.MMAA.GOV.QA\errorreports'. To send an error report to Esri, compose an e-mail to ArcGISErrorReport@esri.com and attach the error report file.

40 Replies
ZacharyStauber1
New Contributor III

Maybe.  I had to reboot of course, but it also seemed that I had to stop and restart the publishing service even though I had removed the patch and rebooted the entire machine, which restarts everything.  I had to specifically restart the publishing service again after it all came back up before it would publish again, on my production server.

0 Kudos
Syed_AzamGhouri
New Contributor III

Thank you all for your help.

0 Kudos
nicogis
MVP Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
DanielSotreanu
New Contributor III

Does anyone knows if this issue can happen on Linux ?

I have the same issue, but my server resides on Linux:

Server Version: 10.4.1.5686
     Operating System: amd64 Linux 3.8.13-118.13.3.el6uek.x86_64
      Available processor cores: 4

Thanks!

0 Kudos
RandallWilliams
Esri Regular Contributor

I was unable to reproduce issues like these on my RHEL box. I'm running ArcGIS Enterprise 10.5.1 with kernel version 3.10.0-693.2.1.el7.x86_64.

RandallWilliams
Esri Regular Contributor

All, Esri has released patches for 10.3.1, 10.4.1, and 10.5.1 here:

https://support.esri.com/en/download/7576

Patches for other versions are forthcoming.

ZacharyStauber1
New Contributor III

Thanks, Randall.  Got the MS update and the Esri patch installed on our production servers last night, everything is working again.  Thanks, Esri!

VojtěchBlažek1
New Contributor III

Will be this patch released for 10.1? I now is old, but....

Thanks

0 Kudos
nicogis
MVP Frequent Contributor

10.1 is retired from january 2018 ...

Product cycles

0 Kudos
Michael_BodstrupHansen
New Contributor

I found the patch for Server 10.6 at the link above and installed it.

After publishing a service, I get an error message saying something like 'Copying files OK, but publishing failed'.

Good news is that the layer DID get published and Works as assigned. ArcMap 10.6 must be mis-reading the return code from the publish operation ?

0 Kudos