Select to view content in your preferred language

PostgreSQL Schema and User Don't Match (but they do)

05-13-2022 10:55 AM
babarsac
Occasional Contributor

I am setting up a new PostgreSQL database with SDE and loading data however I'm running into an error saying that my database schema and username don't match. Here's the workflow.

1. Stand up a database and deploy SDE on top of it as per the documentation. Running PostgreSQL 13.3, POSTGIS 3.1, and the latest version of Pro. At this point I have two accounts.
    • postgres
    • sde
  2. I create a data owner account using the Create Database User tool in Pro (when logged in as SDE).
    • bob_smith
  3. In Pro using a DB connection as bob_smith I import a schema with data via an XML file.
  4. The process errors out (dreaded 999999) saying that the schema and the database user and the schema do not match.
  5. I check PgAdmin and confirm that the data owner account I created has a schema in that database.
  6. I check my connection in Pro and confirm that I'm accessing that database correctly as the data owner bob_smith.
  7. Stare at ceiling and scream.

I do not have a DBA background but am a GIS admin teaching himself how to administer PostgreSQL. I have another database machine with the same software versions where the workflow above worked without issue. I could easily blow away the database and users and re-create the whole thing but that does nothing to show me what the problem is and how to address it.

Any help would be appreciated.

GIS Discord Channel
https://disboard.org/server/769917190182404127
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
George_Thompson
Esri Notable Contributor

I wonder if it has to do with the "_" in the schema name?

Can you try in a schema with out that character in it?

--- George T.
0 Kudos