Select to view content in your preferred language

Port used for "Check for ArcGIS Enterprise Updates" utility

03-14-2019 08:33 AM
MichaelSchoelen
Occasional Contributor III

What port is being used for the "Check for ArcGIS Enterprise Updates" utility? We opened 443 in our firewall on a usually disconnected server, and can hit www.arcgis.com:443 in Internet Explorer. But the tool returns an error:

Your computer appears to be offline. Check your Internet connection and try again.

Network connection error.

OfflineNetwork

0 Kudos
12 Replies
TerryDJackson
New Contributor

I am currently experiencing this same issue on newly installed portal systems, version 10.9.1.

0 Kudos
ATFerguson
New Contributor III

I am trying to update my Portal for ArcGIS with the “Portal for ArcGIS Security 2024 Update” in an offline installation. In the "Check for and install software patches and updates" instructions, there is a note for offline installations: “If your machine is offline or does not have direct access to the Internet, an error message will display. If your machine uses a forward proxy server to access the Internet, you'll need to specify the proxy server in the utility”.

The first thing that I tried was to download the patch from this machine (online) and transfer it to my offline machine, but when I ran the ArcGIS-1081-PFA-SEC2024U1-Patch.msp, it was interupped with the following message: "The Portal for ArcGIS 10.8.1 Validation and Repair tool must be run prior to installing this patch. Please go to the ArcGIS Enterprise Patch Notification tool to run Portal for ArcGIS 10.8.1 Validation and Repair." I can't run the Locate the Validation and Repair Tool without internet connection and I don't have a forward proxy.

My machine is entirely offline and I do not have the option of setting up a forward proxy. I can't find any instructions for updating in completely disconnected environments. How can I install the patch?

0 Kudos
TerryDJackson
New Contributor
We have not run patch installations in a disconnected environment. I can only suggest that you consult with ESRI Support. Incidentally, in our situation, on a connected system, we found that we had to import our firewall certificate into both ArcGIS Server and Portal for ArcGIS to enable operation of the Patch Notification tool.
0 Kudos