Pop-up configuration emedded in service

Jump to solution
07-09-2017 11:13 AM
TychoGranville
Occasional Contributor II

Hi all,

I suspect I am missing something obvious with this...

Is there a way to embed the formatting of pop-ups into a service?

Now what I do is start a new map, add a service(s), then configure the pop-ups (aliased and/or hidden fields, numbers formatting (decimal shown), hyperlinks to documents, etc.). I expect to have many maps with the same services and/or different combinations of them. I would prefer not to have to re-create the pop up every time I need a new map. Also, when my staff start making their own maps if they have to try to figure out pop-ups they won't bother to use anything beyond the stock stuff I create (which kind of defeats the purpose). And if it matters, I'm setting this up with our own Server/Portal instead of AGOL.
Thanks,

Tycho

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

Once you configure your layer, I believe you can save it to preserve the customizations.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tycho Granville   I converted your discussion to a question which may get more views and responses.  Also, tagging Portal for ArcGIS‌  it would help to know what version you are working with too.

Where are you wanting the pop-ups to show?  In ArcMap, Pro, a mobile app or in a web app?  And which ones? That might influence the answers you will get.   

Btw, I am not a pop-up expert. Just asking the info for those that are.

0 Kudos
TychoGranville

I am using Server/Portal 10.5, the users will be using a web browser on their desktop. Having the pop-ups appear on the edge of the map rather than in the middle covering up what you are looking at would be a bonus (though I guess that is a different question).

0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

Once you configure your layer, I believe you can save it to preserve the customizations.

TychoGranville

Yep, that's exactly what I was looking for. Told you I was missing something obvious

Thanks,

Tycho

0 Kudos